Monday, January 9, 2012

Bit of a Favour to Ask...

Hey all...

I've a good friend in the US (Christian Cuff, who I've done album covers for in the past) and he contacted me in the last week to ask if I might be up for doing a piece of artwork to auction off. His brother Jake was just diagnosed with leukaemia and they're organising a bunch of fund-raising gigs to help with the medical expenses. Anyway, he's already setting up to auction off a portrait done by me (portrait of the highest bidder) and I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if any of you fancied doing something similar.

No pressure of course, but it can't hurt to ask :) I'm working non-digitally on this 'cause an original piece will probably fetch more (I hope).

Let me know if you're interested (elainesnowden@gmail.com). Thanks a million.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine!
    If you want I'd be willing to give a print of my Marilyn Monroe portrait I did. I originally did it for another charity auction event so I don't see why it couldn't be used again. I can number it and sign it too to make it more 'unique' too if that helps. I did it digitally, so there's no original except the layered psd!

    Anything for a good cause, it's yours if you want... But no worries if you don't.

    Cheers,

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to give something. My uncle died of cancer 3 years ago over there and this left his family with a big debt to repay, so anything to ease that burden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a million to you both! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary, do you have that Marilyn piece online somewhere so I can give a link to my friend? I just went through your blog and couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Elaine,
    No it's not online as I've not posted it anywhere until the auction which is in early March now although the original deadline was last December. So I can give you an actual print of the piece if that's cool.

    Cheers!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yea, I just need a low-res jpeg so my friend can post a pic online for ppl to bid on if that's cool?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries Elaine I'll send you a lo-res jpeg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just saw this now elaine, ill do my best to draw something up, im afraid itll be done digitally tho. 'real life' resources are kinda limited at the mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Ben :) Even if you've something already done that you wouldn't mind auctioning off that'd be cool. Gary's donating a signed & numbered print and Andrew's doing something too.

      Delete