Sunday, July 17, 2011

Childhood Heroes: 80s dream team.


I guess I probably watched too much tv as a kid, but these were (are) my personal favourites.  I reckon there ain't a problem this team couldn't fix.   Penny gadget with her book containing all knowledge, Rainbow Brite with near godess-level powers of life and death, Papa Smurf with his gnomic wisdom and leadership, Ullysses for diplomatic/seduction missions, and of course Optimus Prime for situations that require sheer blunt force trauma.

Incidentally collective thinkers, I found a resource on DA that you might find useful (or at least fun to look at).  It's a mine of old model sheets and concept art for animated tv series and movies.  Here's the link:



9 comments:

  1. Optimus Prime! Surely the coolest of all Jews

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's Jewish? I guess I must have missed that episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Jon! I think the team up is the way to go for me as well. The execution is as excellent as ever and the heroes you've chosen... crazy. Rainbow Brite scares the crap out of me with her unflinching stare, but Papa Smurf makes it all good again. You have a lot of sisters by any chance...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, just the one Gary...how could you tell? Now that you mention it I probably paid too much attention to keeping her "on model" rather than making her look alive, but those proportions make for a bizarre character no matter which way you slice it. I loved this movie as a kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSQY04qV4g not very manly of me, to be sure but what can you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYYNCyjMqNM = Jewish Optimus Prime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ulysees was like my second father. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess we're on the same boat! I'd saw all of them. Well, the boy oriented ones at least. Nice group of characters. ^_^

    ReplyDelete