Tuesday, May 31, 2011

21st Century Heroes


Above is cartoon I saw last month, in and around the time the SEALS got Bin Laden (duh!).  I just thought it was cool, so when anna picked the theme for this month, I thought I would do my own version of the piece. Just got informed that the artist of the original piece is J.D. Crowe.  It's such a powerful piece.


Turned out referencing these two guys was pretty tuff, couldn't find the same Helmet that's in the original one, but while looking I saw that the SEALS also used another hat so I thought I'd use that one (I was also pressed for time).  This is just my interpretation is all.  I put the two towers in the BG cause thats pretty much what I saw when I looked at the original, it's almost like America is complete again... I dunno, The cartoon really worked for me, just hope I did some kind of justice to it.

5 comments:

  1. Strong rendition of it Ben, looks well cool. I like ur lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style, wonderful simple effective background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work as usual Ben. I think the Original is actually by a guy called J.D. Crowe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.D. Crowe, cheers man, ill check that guy out... n quickly update my blog

    ReplyDelete